We hope you’ll join our roster of 387 businesses that choose to advertise in Design NJ. Contact our experienced Account Management Team to discuss your advertising goals and sales objectives.
732-536-5160, Ext. 228
Advertising DirectorLiz Reingold
732-536-5160, Ext. 248
Publication Trim Size:
9″ X 10.875″
9.25″ x 11.125″
Bleed units are acceptable for full-page units and two-page spreads.
Live Matter Safety:
Keep important illustrations and type matter at least 1/4″ in from TRIM edges and 3/8″ from backbone.
Spread Trim Size:
18″ x 10.875″
Spread Bleed Size:
18.25″ x 11.125″
Gutter Safety for Spreads:
1/2″ total - 1/4″ on either side of the gutter
Not To Exceed 300
Web Offset, Computer-To-Plate
Perfect Bound; Jog to Head
The preferred digital file formats supported by DesignNJ are:
Digital File Format:
PDF/X1a or Press-Ready PDF. All digital data must conform to SWOP specifications.
Macintosh-formatted CD/DVD-ROM, FTP, or e-mail.
Please Note: Native application files such as Quark, InDesign, or Illustrator, etc. are not acceptable because they introduce many possibilities for error.
We have ad design services available. Prices for these services will be quoted on a per-job basis. Please contact your Sales Representative to obtain cost information and specifications for ad make-up services.
The following companies can assist our advertisers in creating PDF-x1a or Press-Ready files online:
Fees May Apply. Please contact any of these companies directly to obtain their fee information.
To further assist our advertisers in creating PDF files, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For additional information about our requirements, please contact the Design NJ Production Department at 800-969-7176.
The most common file pitfalls can be avoided by adhering to the specifications outlined below. Even if you are familiar with the various pitfalls, please take a moment to review this checklist prior to sending in your advertising materials.
- All high res images & fonts must be embedded when the PDF OR PDF-X1a file is saved.
- Images must be CMYK OR Grayscale only. TIFF OR EPS at least 300 dpi.
- DO NOT nest EPS file into other EPS files. Do not imbed ICC profiles within images.
- Total area density SHOULD NOT exceed SWOP 300% TAC (Total Area Coverage).
- All image trapping must be included in the file(s).
- Right Reading, Portrait Mode, 100% Size, No Rotations.
- Trim, Bleed and Center Marks 1/2” outside Trim.
- No marks included in the “Live” image area.
- Digital Proof (COLOR OR BW) that represents the final digital file.
- For Color Guidance on Press: Digital, Press, or Off-Press proofs that meet SWOP specifications. A 6mm 5%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, C, M, Y, K, patch strip for quality control must be included on the SWOP proof. Proofs that don’t meet SWOP criteria will be used for color break only. We recommend that you proof your job at a local service bureau since the color on your monitor will not match the color produced by a web offset press unless you have a monitor that has been accurately calibrated to SWOP standards. Ads without a complete set of color guidance proofs will be accepted at the advertiser’s risk.
Standard Ad Sizes
|Two-Page Spread||16.25 X 10||18.25 X 11.125|
|Single Full Page||8 X 10||9.25 X 11.125|
|2/3 Vertical||5.1875 X 10||N/A|
|1/2 Horizontal||8 X 5||N/A|
|1/2 Vertical||4 X 10||N/A|
|1/3 Vertical||2.5625 X 10||N/A|
|1/3 Page Square||5.1875 X 4.825||N/A|
|*sizes in inches|
SENDING IN YOUR AD
PDF files, 5 MB OR LESS, can be e-mailed to email@example.com.
Design NJ, Ad Materials-Production Dept. 83 South Street, Freehold, NJ 07728-1070
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
Sending hard-to-replace materials through regular U.S. mail is not recommended; for safety, send ad materials via registered mail, UPS, Federal Express, or any courier whose packages can be tracked. Please be sure to mark issue date and client name clearly on your package.